Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Until Next Time

“The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created--created first in the mind and will, created next in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.”  John Schaar
Wow, today’s the day. My last post for the Prairie Chicks. It’s been a great experience that’s allowed me to venture forth and explore the writing life with a great group of women who supported and encouraged me. All I can say is, thank you and thank goodness I took advantage of an opportunity when it was offered. Daunting as it was to put myself out there, I did it. I dipped my toe into a life from which there is no turning back.

At this point in time. I have a completed manuscript I’m proud of and am in the process of submitting. This is such an exciting time. Letting go, putting a stop to the endless tweaking, and preparing to submit the best damn manuscript I can has been a huge learning curve and almost like a coming of age story. It’s time. I’m ready for the next step.

Immediate goals. After much thought I’ve decided not to participate in NaNoWriMo, instead I’m going to revise last year’s attempt and set some heavy revision goals for the month of November. I’m very excited to start revising this project. The two main characters, Kate and Seth, have been with me for a long time and it’s time to work on their story.

Going forward. I vow to take advantage of opportunities and create others. I vow: To write. And write some more. To learn. To listen. To make mistakes. To communicate with other writers. To follow my heart.

To be fearless.

You can find me:
http://www.karyngood.blogspot.com/ – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays

Twitter – karyngood

Facebook – Karyn Good

4 comments:

Janet said...

It has been a pleasure, Karyn. And I have loved watching you emerge into a wonderful writer with an awesome voice!

Thank you for coming on this journey with us - and best of luck as you move forward. I'll be following you on your blog. And once I get Twittering, I'll 'friend' you there, too :)

Stephanie said...

I love that last bit. To be fearless. Gives me chills. Good luck with your manuscripts.

Jana Richards said...

Karyn, I'm so glad you decided to join us on this journey. It's been wonderful blogging with you and getting to know you and your writing. I hope that I get to meet you in person some day!

Now, I'm off to your blog. Take care.

Jana

Anita Mae Draper said...

I enjoyed watching your craft confidence grow, Karyn. Especially when you did the RPL reading.

I'll be watching you. Haha

Anita Mae.